- Durian tree: grow up to 27 m
- Fruit Shape: oblong
- Length: 20-35cm, diameter: 18-22 cm and weighs from 1-9kg.
- Rind: thick, semi-wood with stout, sharply pointed spines; color: yellowish-green.
- Edible Pulp/ flesh: After opening the fruit you will find 5 or less compartments containing the creamy-white or yellowish edible pulp with custard-like consistency.
- Seeds: 1 to 7 chestnut-like seeds, 2-6 cm long with glossy, red-brown color.
- Durian is extremely nutritious because it is rich in vitamin B, C and E and with high iron content. Eating durian is alleged to restore the health of ailing humans and animals.
- A preparation from its roots and leaves is prescribed by traditional doctors for fevers and jaundice.
- Decoctions of the leaves and fruits are applied to swellings and skin diseases.
- Durian fruit helps lower cholesterol.
- Durian is a strong blood cleanser.
- The ash of the burned rind is taken after childbirth.
- Durian contains high levels of the amino acid tryptophan, known to alleviate anxiety, depression, and insomnia, and create feelings of happiness, by raising levels of serotonin in the brain
- Durian contains high level of soft protein which makes it a good muscle builder.
- Durian has a reputation as a powerful aphrodisiac.
- Durian is recommended as a good source of raw fats.
Source from : http://hubpages.com/hub/Health-Benefits-of-Durian